I have undertaken a number of botanic baseline surveys as part of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments for infrastructure development projects, often those seeking compliance with Performance Standard 6.
- Treweek Environmental Consultants (TEC) for Alliance Mining Commodities (AMC) Koumbia Bauxite Project. Boké, Guinea. 2018
- RSK for the East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP). Hoima, Uganda to Tanga, Tanzania. 2017
- Hummingbird Resources Yanfolila Gold Project, Mali. 2014.
- Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) for Euronimba Liberia Guinea-Liberia export railway, Nimba county, Liberia. 2013.
- URS for ArcelorMittal Liberia, Mt Gangra, Buchanan & Nimba county, Liberia. 2012.
- Putu Iron Ore Mining Company, Grand Gedeh, Liberia. 2011.
I carry out teaching and training activities, botanic surveys and plant identification to inform decision making in land management projects in non-ESIA contexts.
- LTS International as part of the Shire River Basin Management Project. Analysis of botanic data, a course delivered in Mangochi, Malawi for staff of the National Herbarium and Botanic Gardens of Malawi. 2017.
- LTS International as part of the Shire River Basin Management Project (World Bank, GEF): Field training in Zomba (Malawi) in botanic data collection using Rapid Botanic Survey. Zomba, Malawi. 2015.
- LTS International for European Forest Institute: Land prioritisation tools for Nguti district, Cameroon. Project wrap up at the National Herbarium of Cameroon, Yaoundé. 2015.UK work
My non-African work includes work in british ecology, and science education.
- Assistant Ecologist, BSG Ecology. Site monitoring for railway developments in Oxfordshire. 2013.
- Science4you, developing a children’s science kit ‘First Steps in Biology’. 2014.